If you’re looking to unlock your Moto Z Play Bootloader, then you’re at the right place. This guide will help you to unlock not only Moto Z Play but will also help you to unlock Moto Z bootloader too. This is the only proper guide to unlock your Moto Z play bootloader from moto dev site. Incase you’re reading article on “how to Unlock Moto Z play bootloader without PC or Laptop” then those are completely fake.
Before starting the process of unlocking Moto Z play bootloader, I want to give you some mandatory advice’s. Unlocking your bootloader will void your warranty. Once bootloader is unlocked then you won’t be able to lock it back.
You’ll be able to root your Moto Z play after unlocking the bootloader. Unlocking the bootloader won’t wipe any data, that’s personally tested. Few built in applications may misbehave but that’s a rare case.
Things You Need Before Unlocking The bootloader of Moto Z Play
The first thing that you need is your device followed by an USB cable. You need to make sure that the “USB Debugging” option is turned On.
USB Debugging option can be found in setting followed by Developer Options. In most devices “Developer Option” menu won’t pop up under settings. To get the “Developer Option” you need to go to “About Phone” find “Build Number” and tap on it 6 times untill it says “You’re a Developer Now”. Just Go Back in setting now and you’ll find “Developer Options”, now enable USB Debugging from there.
You’ll need a Laptop or Computer with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 installed in it.
Go Download the ADB and Fastboot for MotoZ Play. Once Downloaded Install it on your Laptop or Computer.
How to Unlock Moto Z Play Bootloader
Assuming that you’ve did all the steps shown above and Fastboot and Adb is installed in your Laptop or Computer. Now go to Moto DEV Site to initiate the the unlocking process.
Note: Connect Your Moto Z Play using the USB Cable.
Here are the further information’s that you need to follow.
- Open the command prompt from the folder where you have installed ADB drivers (open the folder where you have installed ADB, hold shift and right click in empty space and select open command here).
- Connect your device to PC and type the command ‘adb devices’ This command will list the connected adb devices (in the form of a code), in your case it will be your phone. If your device is not listed, you may need to reinstall the USB drivers of your device or change the USB cable.
- If your device is recognized, type the command ‘adb reboot bootloader’ Your phone will reboot into bootloader mode and you can confirm it by typing the command ‘fastboot devices’
- Now type the command ‘fastboot oem get_unlock_data’ and hit enter. This will give your oem data key in four or five sentences. Copy the code and make into single sentence without spaces.
- Go to Motorola Dev site and paste the oem code and click submit. You will get unlock key to your email.
- In command prompt type ‘fastboot oem unlock UNLCOK KEY’ replace UNLOCK KEY with the code you got via email and hit enter. You can see on your device a message shown as ‘unlocked’. Congratulations, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your device. Your device will reboot automatically. Reboot will take little longer time and your device will be fresh as new.
That’s all if you face any problems during unlocking of your moto z play bootloader then do comment below. I’ll be more than happy to help you.
People Found Useful While Searching:
root moto z play without unlocking bootloader
motorola bootloader unlock tool
motorola unlock bootloader
motorola bootloader unlock code generator
motorola bootloader unlock tool download
root moto z play nougat
your device does not qualify for bootloader unlocking
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Enter Your Email Below And Get Access To My Proven SEO and Traffic Tips.