Are you looking to unlock Moto G Plus Bootloader? Maybe your Moto G plus is 5th Generation, 4th Generation or 3rd generation, don’t worry you can unlock any Moto G Plus Bootloader. Once you’ve unlocked Moto G plus Bootloader you’ll be able to root your Moto G Plus be it is of any generation.
Before unlocking the bootloader you’ve to understand few of the things that includes, once unlocked your warranty will be void under any circumstances. Also you need to know that once you’ve unlocked your Moto G Plus you won’t be able to lock it back.
So why to wait more let’s straight dive on the process of unlocking Moto G Plus Bootloader.
Why Do You Want To Unlock Moto G Plus Bootloader?
The sole reason in mah opinion is that you want to root your Moto G plus and customize it in the way you want. Also once the bootloader of Moto G plus will be unlocked, then you’ll be able to use your own custom rom and use it in the way you want it.
Note: Unlocking the Bootloader won’t wipe your data. In some rare cases you may experience some abnormality behavior with some built in application like Radio, Phone etc.
Unlocking the bootloader of Moto G plus won’t change the look of your device by any means.
Unlocking Moto G Plus Bootloader Step by Step:
At First all you need to do is maintain a battery backup of 75%. After that you need to connect your device with your PC or Laptop that has Windows 7,8 or 10 installed in it. You’ve to enable USB Debugging which is found under “Developer Options”.
“Developer Options” can be found under “Settings”, incase you don’t find it then go to “About Phone” followed by an option called “Build Number”, now tap on “Build Number” 6 times, you’ll find the “Developer Options” once you go back to the settings Menu.
You’ll find the Developer Options. In the developer options, enable OEM Unlocking.
Assuming that you’ve enabled “USB Debugging” and connected your device with your PC.
Now DOWNLOAD ADB AND FASTBOOT FOR MOTO G PLUS 4th Generation. [It will work on any generation]
Now Go to Motorola DEV Site To unlock your device.
Note: The Link of the Motorola DEV Site points to Unlocking Moto G Plus Bootloader directly.
Once downloaded install the ADB and Fastboot in your Computer or Laptop. After that follow this step
- Open the command prompt from the folder where you have installed ADB drivers (open the folder where you have installed ADB, hold shift and right click in empty space and select open command here).
- Connect your device to PC and type the command ‘adb devices’ This command will list the connected adb devices (in the form of a code), in your case it will be your phone. If your device is not listed, you may need to reinstall the USB drivers of your device or change the USB cable.
- If your device is recognized, type the command ‘adb reboot bootloader’ Your phone will reboot into bootloader mode and you can confirm it by typing the command ‘fastboot devices’
- Now type the command ‘fastboot oem get_unlock_data’ and hit enter. This will give your oem data key in four or five sentences. Copy the code and make into single sentence without spaces.
- Go to Motorola Dev site and paste the oem code and click submit. You will get unlock key to your email.
- In command prompt type ‘fastboot oem unlock UNLCOK KEY’ replace UNLOCK KEY with the code you got via email and hit enter. You can see on your device a message shown as ‘unlocked’. Congratulations, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your device. Your device will reboot automatically. Reboot will take little longer time and your device will be fresh as new.
That’s all. Once you’ve did all the steps mentioned here you’ll be able to unlock the bootloader of your device. If you’ve any questions then do drop them below, I’ll be happy to solve them.
People Also Found Helpful When Searching
unlock bootloader moto g4 plus,
motorola bootloader unlock tool,
unlock bootloader moto g without pc,
your device does not qualify for bootloader unlocking,
how to unlock bootloader moto g4 plus nougat,
how to root moto g4 plus nougat,
how to root moto g4 plus without pc
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Enter Your Email Below And Get Access To My Proven SEO and Traffic Tips.